COMMUNITY BENEFIT: The Dog Leg Road Improvements Project will enhance safety, ease traffic congestion, and expand access both to existing businesses and new business development.
DETAILED SCOPE: The project will widen an approximately 7,200-foot section of Dog Leg Road from just north of Old Springfield Road to the intersection with Union Airpark Boulevard. Specifically, it will:
- Widen the existing roadway from two to three lanes.
- Construct a new roundabout at the intersection of Dog Leg Road and Union Airpark Boulevard.
- Install curbs and gutters along the new section of roadway.
- Enhance street lighting in the project area.
- Add sanitary sewer lines and water mains.