Work along Lyons Road and SR-741 in Miami Township will provide better pedestrian access and increase safety through several improvements, including:
- Adding a new sidewalk along the south side of a half-mile stretch of Lyons Road from Byers Road to SR-741;
- Creating a 14-foot multi-use path on the south side of the Lyons Road bridge over I-75;
- Constructing a sidewalk on the west side of SR-741, from Lyons Road to the existing sidewalk at Kingsridge Drive, just north of the Lyons Road/SR-741 intersection;
- Adding new curbs and gutters on the south side of Lyons Road and west side of SR-741 throughout the project area; and
- Resurfacing Lyons Road from Byers Road to SR-741 (excluding the bridge over I-75).
This project improves safety and connectivity for pedestrians in a high-traffic area located near the Dayton Mall. It provides safer connections from communities and residential areas located near the intersection of Byers and Lyons roads to businesses and employers on the other side of the interstate.
Fall 2018 to Summer 2019
- In 2018, work will begin along the shoulder of the northernmost lane of Lyons Road and on the west side of SR 741.
- In 2019, work will continue with additional improvements on Lyons Road and SR 741.